Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the gun is to be used.
Alabama State Code provides that the Sheriff of a county shall issue a qualified or unlimited license to a person residing in the county, and is a suitable person to be licensed.
Pistol Permits must be obtained from the county sheriff of your county of residence.
|Ages 65 & Over
Please note the following information:
- All communication regarding the status of your application, including the approval of your application, will be sent via the email address provided on the application.
- The Sheriff’s Office will issue or deny a Pistol License Application within 30 days of receipt of a completed application.
- The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office is located at
, Centre, AL 35960.
- Permits may be picked up Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm CST.
- Please read the requirements below before starting the application
Please note that this website has been certifed to work using the following browsers: IE 9 or higher, Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
Pistol Permit Information